I feel like everyone out there probably already has their own favorite recipe for how to make a killer batch of chocolate chip cookies.
But do you have a killer recipe that is gluten free, dairy free AND one that tastes amazing with anything added to them, like let’s say, potato chips???
Just in case you don’t…I have one for you to try. 🙂 Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chips!
You’re probably looking at me like I have two heads, but you heard me correctly! These taste AMAZING with potato chips inside!
The chips add a wonderful balance of sweet and salty, and a perfect crispy and chewy texture.
These Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chips are always a hit and are usually devoured by kids and adults!
Oh and they are made with almond butter, no flour here, so go ahead and add some chips to these.
Trust me, you’ve gotta try ’em. 🙂
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup crumbled salted potato chips
- Sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips and potato chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough, and place onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough mounds. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with sea salt if desired.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until golden. The cookies will look very soft-- that's ok! Allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a baking rack, and allow to cool completely.