Oh my cookies.
I’m taking my love for almond horn cookies and turning them into little almond horn bite sized yumminess! If you’re a marzipan person like me, these Almond Horn Bites might just be your dream cookie!
These Almond Horn Bites are wonderfully flavorful and have the perfect amount of soft and chewy.
The almond coating gives it a crispy crunch, and the gooey chocolate ganache? I KNOW. Complete perfection.
This is one of the only times my husband approves of nuts in his cookies, so it’s a win for everyone!
Plus they are mini and pretty.
I hope you all enjoy these cookies in all their chewy and delicious goodness.
- For the Cookies:
- 8 oz almond paste (not marzipan), broken into small pieces
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- For the Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream, (or cream of coconut or almond milk for non-dairy version)
- 2 tablespoons butter, (or margarine for non-dairy version)
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, mix the almond paste, sugar, 3 tablespoons of the egg whites and salt until combined. Add the almond flour, and mix until combined.
- Place the sliced almonds into a separate bowl. Form the dough into 1-11/2 inch balls and roll them into the sliced almonds, pressing the almonds onto the cookie to stick.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat the cream and butter in a medium saucepan, and whisk until smooth and simmering around the edges. Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted.
- While the chocolate is still warm, dip the cookies into the glaze. Return to the baking sheet and allow to dry completely.