I’ve wanted to create a chicken-coated Bissli recipe for a while now. Ever since recipes started to call for pretzels or cereal as a coating for chicken, I thought Bissli would be a perfect add to the mix!
For anyone who isn’t familiar with Hickory Smoked Bissli snacks, they are a wheat-based snack that comes in a variety of flavors including Grill, Barbecue, Onion, Pizza, Falafel and Mexican.
With such an abundant flavor and savory taste, they make the perfect “breading” to chicken cutlets. They give the cutlets a crispy, almost fried texture and taste that is difficult to achieve with any other ingredient. My husband and I loved this recipe so much that I’m working on a similar recipe with a different crunchy ingredient as the crust. Stay tuned for the new recipe in the coming months!
Here are step-by-step photos to make my Bissli Chicken with Brown Sugar Sauce:
- Put Bissli snacks, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder in a food processor and process until it reaches a coarse crumb consistency. You can also crush the Bissli by hand using the bottom of a mug, as shown above.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. I like to form an assembly line of ingredients so there’s less of a mess and it makes the process go a little more quickly.
- Coat the chicken in the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken in the Bissli mixture.
Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
Drizzle with Brown Sugar Ketchup Dipping Sauce. Recipe HERE.
- 6 Bissli snack bags
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 7 thin boneless chicken cutlets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the Bissli snacks, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder, until it reaches a coarse crumb-like consistency and place in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs.
- Coat the chicken in the egg mixture and then in the Bissli snack mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Drizzle with Brown Sugar Ketchup Dipping Sauce
Leave a Reply