When I’m having company or having a BBQ with family, a good pasta salad that can be prepared days in advance is always really helpful!
Yup, you guessed it, this pasta salad can do just that- it actually tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge! I also love to make this at the beginning of the week and keep it in the fridge for a quick and easy lunch and/or dinner option.
This dish is balanced perfectly with the hearty noodles, juicy tomatoes, meaty smoked turkey and creamy caesar dressing- turns out caesar dressing pairs perfectly with pasta.
So forget about making a bunch of different salads and pasta dishes at your next gathering, this simple dish is the best of all worlds and stands well on its own.
- 1 12oz box of bow tie pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 bunches of scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 16 oz smoked turkey breast, medium dice
- For the dressing:
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 6 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, red pepper, tomatoes, scallions and turkey. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together the mustard, garlic, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest. Slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking. Whisk together until emulsified and smooth.
- Toss with pasta. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply