As promised, this week I will start to share my Chanukah collection with you. That starts with these Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix Cookies. They are perfectly festive for Chanukah with the blue and white crushed candy canes sprinkled over the top.
I don’t have to convince you guys that chocolate cookies from a mix are super yummy, but I’m telling you, the sweet white melted chocolate make them even more perfect. And — the special ingredient?! — the crushed peppermint candy! The minty flavor goes perfectly with the chocolate, making these cookies sweet and minty DELIGHTS.
And of course, bonus? They’re incredibly simple and quick to make. Perfect to pull out in a pinch before a party.
You’ve gotta try ’em. 🙂
You’ll need chocolate cookie mix, blue and white candy canes, and white chocolate chips! That’s it!
Place the candy canes in a large ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Crush them into small pieces. Be careful not crush them too small, or they will turn into powder. I like pieces big enough to see the stripe pattern. See the photo below.
I made my cookies “mini”. They are bite size, and well, everything miniature is adorable, so why not?!
Use good quality chocolate for melting. Simply place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate for 10 seconds at a time and stir. Continue this process until the chocolate is completely melted. Do not over melt, or the chocolate will dry out. If the chocolate is too thick, add a touch of milk to thin it out.
Once, the cookies are completely cool, dip into the melted chocolate, and then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candy.
Allow the chocolate to dry and then serve
- 1 chocolate cookie mix (plus the required cookie mix ingredients)
- Good Quality white chocolate morsels
- Blue and white mint candy canes
- Peppermint extract, optional
- Bake cookies according to package directions. Allow them to cool completely.
- Place desired amount of candy canes in a large ziploc bag. Seal, making sure all the air is out of the bag, and crush with a heavy rolling pin. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate morsels by placing them in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate for 10 seconds at a time and then stir. Continue this process until the chocolate is completely melted. Do not over melt or the chocolate will dry out.
- Dip half the cookie in the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Allow to dry and serve!
*If the melted chocolate is too thick, add a touch of milk to thin it out.