This chocolate tart with pecan crust looks beautiful on any platter it’s served on, but a cake stand elevates it, and makes it that much more special looking.
The crust has a buttery and nutty flavor, which goes perfectly with the silky and creamy chocolate filling.
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup melted unsalted margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipping cream (not whipped)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coffee
- 2 egg yolks
- 1- 9 oz bag semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pur vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- Fresh blackberries
- Whole pecans
- Chocolate covered almonds
- Fresh flowers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade grind the pecans and sugar until finely ground. Do not over pulse. Add the melted margarine and cinnamon and pulse again until the mixture is combined.
- In a 10 inch non-stick tart pan, press the mixture onto to the bottom and slightly up the sides. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In the meantime, place the cream and coffee in a medium saucepan and heat until it simmers slightly. Once it simmers turn off the heat. Pour ¼ of the mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly so the eggs don’t scramble. Whisk in the remaining cream. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate in a bowl, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and pour into the cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.