Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
Recipe Type: Main Course
- 1 12oz box of spaghetti, cooked
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Set cooked pasta aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine avocados,basil, garlic and lemon juice. With the motor running, slowly add olive oil.
- Toss avocado pesto with pasta. I wouldn’t recommend tossing the pesto into the pasta until right before it’s served (the avocado in the pesto will turn brown if it sits for too long).
- Garnish with a bunch of basil if desired.