This Creamy Dairy Free Broccoli Soup is perfect recipe for when you are in need of a simple, quick, and reliable meal but have zero time to cook it, a position I’m sure a lot of you find yourself in.
It’s super easy, super quick, and calls for ingredients most of you probably already have in your pantry. I used frozen broccoli, so there’s no washing or cutting those big heads of broccoli-I know we don’t always have time to fuss with that kind of prep. For the most part, this Creamy Dairy Free Broccoli Soup requires you to dump all the ingredients in a pot, let it cook for 15 minutes, blend and enjoy!
Oh, and you can always add some cheese to this soup right before serving for a dairy version 🙂
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion, about 2 cups, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice, optional
- Fresh Parsley, chopped, optional
- In a heavy soup pot, over a medium flame, heat the oil. Add the onion, and sauté until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes, or until fragrant. Stir in the beans, broccoli, stock, salt and pepper. Stir, cover and bring to a boil. Turn the flame down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and use an immersion blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Garnish with parsley.