Here are step-by-step pictures to help you along the way!
Step 1: To assemble, first place lettuce leaves on each end of a big flat platter (I put the leaves on each corner, to frame the platter).
Step 2: Place the pieces of fish down the middle of the platter on a diagonal, from one lettuce pile to the other.
Step 3: Add potatoes to a large enough space on the platter.
Step 4: Add tomatoes to a smaller area. Don’t worry about arranging them perfectly, it’s supposed to look casual.
Step 5: Add the string beans at the bottom of the platter. This area tends to have a nice big spot. You can lay them over other ingredients to increase the space you have for them. I like to place the string beans on a diagonal as well. It brings more visual interest to the dish.
Step 6: Place the eggs in the remaining area of the platter. I like to arrange the eggs with all of the “points” facing the same way.
Step 7: Sprinkle the olives on top of everything, making big groups of them where there is room.
Step 8: Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables, eggs and fish.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 skin-on salmon fillets, cleaned
- 1½ pounds small potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 pound string beans, stems removed
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- 1 big bunch salad greens, (about 2 cups)
- 1 can green olives, pitted
- For the Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- For the fish marinade, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the salmon on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup), and spoon the marinade on top, making sure the chopped garlic is evenly on the fish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Set oven temperature to 350 F.
- Place the potatoes on a separate sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Bake potatoes for 30 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Blanch the string beans, by placing them in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Quickly drain and place into ice water.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- Arrange the salad greens, salmon, potatoes, tomatoes, string beans, eggs and olives on a large flat platter. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fish and vegetables.