This fresh strawberry lemonade was adapted from a strawberry soup my family loves. Every time we serve it our guests joke about how delicious it would be as a drink, so… I transformed that soup into strawberry lemonade.
This is your classic lemonade turned up! It’s refreshing, citrus-y and light with a fresh strawberry flavor! I garnished it with diced strawberries and a slice of lemon. This would be delicious as a frozen drink as well.
Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
Author: Rachel Kor
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed
- 6 cups ice water
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 strawberries, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, whisking occasionally until sugar dissolves.. Turn off the heat and allow to cool. (Place in the refrigerator to cool more quickly).
- While the sugar syrup is cooling, place the strawberries into a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl mix the pureed strawberries, ice water and sugar syrup. Add lemon juice and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into pretty glasses and top with diced strawberries and a lemon slice.
Leave a Reply