For anyone who hasn’t tried cauliflower rice yet, it’s time to jump on that bandwagon! Not only is cauliflower rice a great gluten free and healthy option, but it’s really delicious!
There are so many ways you can season it, but today, I’m doing a simple take on it!
Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice with Pine Nuts and Basil.
I adapted this recipe from a lemon broccoli recipe my family loves. It’s always a hit, and has been made countless times in my kitchen, and will surely be made countless times more.
So, because it’s such a favorite, I decided to make my version of that dish, and let me tell you, the flavors work sooo well with the cauliflower rice!
This Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice with Pine Nuts and Basil is wonderfully flavorful from the garlic and basil, citrusy and fresh from the lemon, and has a subtle buttery crunch from the toasted pine nuts.
Can’t wait for you guys to try it out.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil. Set aside.
- To make the cauliflower rice, remove the core and stalks and coarsely chop the cauliflower florets. Place the cauliflower (in 6 or 8 batches) in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, combine the riced cauliflower, salt, pepper, garlic and oil and mix until combined. Divide evenly between the two prepared baking sheets, spread out in a single layer and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes, mixing halfway until golden.
- Remove from the oven, and place in a large bowl. While still warm, toss the cauliflower with the juice, zest, oil, nuts and basil.
Leave a Reply