We have a prolific amount of mangos and fresh mint leaves around here. During the summer months my grandfather brings us literally cases of delicious and sweet mangos and huge bunches of fresh mint whenever we see him.
Lucky for us, we can eat mango after mango and I love trying out new recipes with fresh mint (which you’ll be seeing more of in the coming summer weeks). I just love the use of mangos and mint in this recipe!
This Mango Lemonade with Fresh Mint is easy, beautiful and really delicious. I can’t think of a better summer drink to make for a party!
I like to put the glasses I’ll be using in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before serving. This will keep the lemonade cold without diluting it with ice.
Isn’t all this fresh mint beautiful!?
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 large mangos, peeled, sliced
- 6 cups ice water, divided
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Mint leaves
- Slices of lemon
- Make the mint simple syrup by combining the sugar and the 1 cup of water over medium high heat in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add in the mint leaves. Let cool completely and then discard the mint leaves.
- In a food processor, combine the mangos with 3 cups of water and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mango mixture through a strainer into a pitcher. Add the last 3 cups of ice water.
- Stir in lemon juice and mint syrup. Mix well.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves and a lemon slice.
The amount of mint leaves and lemon juice you use will depend on the minty-ness and tartness you prefer. Feel free to change the amounts to your liking!
Leave a Reply