Is there anything better than sweet summer corn? It’s sweet, flavorful and most importantly, always feels like the official start of Summer.
I’ve been wanting to try Mexican street corn for a while now. Mexican street corn is corn on the cob drenched in a buttery herbed sauce and topped with lots of spices and crumbled cheese.
After all the rave reviews I received for my Bissli Chicken (recipe HERE), I decided to have some more fun with Bissli snacks. Since I wanted to incorporate Mexican street corn into my Father’s Day BBQ Menu, I needed a non-dairy version. What better way to try to mimic a flavorful, cheesy topping than with pizza Bissli!? This “Mexican Street Corn on the Cob” with Pizza Bissli is flavorful, satisfying and fun to eat. This is definitely a recipe kids would love!
I like to lay out all of the ingredients to form “an assembly line”-goes much quicker that way.
Grilling corn is a great shortcut. Instead of heating up a big pot of water on a hot day, you just throw the corn on the grill. It’s delicious.
With a pastry brush, brush the sauce over the grilled corn.
Then, generously sprinkle the Bissli mixture over the corn to completely coat.
I sprinkled it with salt and more paprika as well.
Then I drizzled more of the sauce on each corn and topped them with fresh cilantro. Don’t they look so flavorful?
- 5 ears of corn
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 bags Bissli snacks
- Preheat grill.
- Clean the corn and place on the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes on every side, or until grilled through all around.
- For the sauce, combine all the other ingredients except the Bissli. Set aside.
- Put Bissli snacks in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until fine crumbs form. Set Aside.
- With a pastry brush, brush the sauce over the grilled corn.
- Then, generously sprinkle the Bissli mixture over the corn to completely coat. I sprinkle it with salt and more paprika as well.
- Drizzle more of the sauce on each corn and top them with fresh cilantro.