Sometimes it’s nice to have a delicious yet light main dish. This Pesto Egg White Bake with Tomato, Spinach and Feta is wonderfully flavorful, light, hearty and fresh! It’s perfect for a brunch or bridal/baby shower!
Here is a step-by-step guide to make this Pesto Egg White Bake with Tomato, Spinach and Feta:
I like to use this round 10 inch casserole dish for this recipe.
- Generously butter desired 10 inch baking dish.
- Evenly place spinach leaves in baking dish.
- Pour pesto mixture over spinach leaves.
- Pat down leaves to ensure they are evenly coated with pesto mixture.
- Place tomatoes on top of spinach leaves.
- Top with feta cheese, salt and pepper and bake.
You can find my pesto recipe HERE.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2½ cups fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 1½ cups egg whites (about 12 eggs)
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1½ cups of yellow and red grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¾ of a 7oz block of feta cheese
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- You can also add in a red bell pepper if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10 inch baking dish with butter and add spinach in an even layer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites with pesto until combined. Top spinach with pesto mixture and pat down leaves to ensure they are evenly coated. Then, top with tomatoes followed by feta, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through.