Although I love a great presentation, sometimes I just need an easy cleanup kind of meal. One I can make in one sauté pan, on one baking sheet or baked in a piece of aluminum foil.
As you may have guessed, this is one of those recipes. Pesto Sea Bass with Summer Veggies in Foil. Not only does the foil make cleanup a breeze (and gives my husband a break from doing the dishes), there’s not much prep either, which makes putting dinner together a cinch!
If you have kids who love to help in the kitchen, but aren’t quite ready for sautéing, then this recipe is a great option for them too!
And because I can’t leave you without some sort of entertaining fantasy-how perfect would these Pesto Sea Bass with Summer Veggies in Foil be for supper on the beach? The foil prevents any sand from getting in your food and when everyone’s finished eating, the cleanup is super easy! Although there isn’t much time left before summer ends, I would love to add this small, yet enjoyable experience to what has been a great summer so far!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Pesto (Recipe HERE)
- Place fish on top of veggies.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of pesto on fish, spreading out with a spoon, and add red onion slices.
- Top with tomatoes-how gorgeous do these tomatoes look!? You just can’t beat a good summer tomato!
- And a couple slices of thinly sliced lemon for an added freshness.
- Bring sides of foil inward over fish.
- Pinch foil to very ends.
- Pinch ends to enclose. Make sure to tightly close foil to prevent juices from spilling out.
- Transfer foil pouches to a baking sheet.
Mmmm…look at those juices!
I have a feeling you guys will enjoy this one a lot!
- 1 green zucchini, sliced and quartered
- Half of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for each piece of fish
- 1 pinch of kosher salt for each piece of fish
- 1 pinch of black pepper for each piece of fish
- 3 center cut pieces of fresh sea bass
- 4 ½ tablespoons pesto (recipe HERE)
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 6 lemon slices, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut 3 pieces of aluminum foil into 14 inch pieces.
- Toss zucchini and red onion in olive oil, salt and pepper. Evenly distribute these veggies on each piece of foil, followed by 1 piece of fish. Top each piece of fish with 1 ½ tablespoons of pesto and spread around with a spoon.
- Next, top each piece of fish with the tomatoes and 2 lemon slices.
- Bring sides of foil inward over fish and pinch foil to the very ends. Pinch ends to enclose. Make sure to tightly close foil to prevent a mess.
- Place each foil pouch on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.