If you’re familiar with my blog you have probably noticed that I love styling my food and table when I have guests over. I absolutely love the little details, and always look for new ways to make entertaining more accessible, easy, and stylish.
One thing I’m not a huge fan of, however, is the hours-in-the-kitchen part of entertaining. I love to cook, but my heart really lies in the presentation.
I don’t know about you, but my facebook feed has been taken over by hamantaschen recipes! Although I love a good hamantaschen recipe, I just couldn’t forget about the entertaining aspect of Purim!
So without further ado, a Purim recipe that is delicious, shaped like a triangle, and perfect when hosting a party–a time when we want to impress but have little time to cook!
Purim cinnamon chips with fruit salsa!
This recipe is also wonderfully light, flavorful, and satisfying. The coconut oil brings a buttery taste to the chips without making them dairy. And that salsa? Oh man! It’s fruity, zesty, minty, and fresh! The perfect accompaniment to any feast!
Hope you all enjoy this one!
- For the Chips:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 8-inch soft flour tortillas
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- For the Salsa:
- 1 pound (16oz) strawberries, small dice
- 3 kiwis, peeled and small dice
- 1 granny smith apple, small dice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut triangle shapes out of the tortillas. (You should be able to cut 4 triangles per tortilla). Place the triangles in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Using a pastry brush, brush the coconut oil on each and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes, or until crispy. Be careful not to burn them.
- In a large bowl combine all the salsa ingredients.
- Once the chips are completely cool, top with the salsa.
- Serve right away.