I had to post this refreshing & light lemon mousse recipe today in honor of the beautiful spring weather we’re having. It’s not usually this warm this time of year, so today is a real treat!
Around this time of year I always start to crave light, refreshing (and usually lemony) desserts, like this mousse. Doesn’t it just scream SPRING? It’s light, it’s airy, it’s sweet, it’s tangy. This mousse is extra delicious because of the cream cheese whipped into it and the layer of bright yellow lemon curd it sits on top of.
I don’t know about you but I’m ready for this warm weather to stay…
For Lemon Curd Recipe click HERE!
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled lemon curd, plus more for filling glasses (about ½ cup)
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- In an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed for 4-6 minutes or until it forms stiff peaks. Do not over whip or the mixture will turn into a buttery consistency. Transfer cream mixture into a separate large bowl. Take out 4 tablespoons and place into a seprarate small bowl. Set both aside.
- Place lemon curd and cream cheese in the electric mixing bowl fitted with the wire whisk- no need to clean the bowl out. Whisk for 3-5 minutes on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
- Place half of the lemon mixture from the large bowl into the whipped cream and gently fold together with a rubber spatula. Gently fold in the second half of the lemon mixture.
- To serve, place the extra lemon curd, lemon mousse and whipped cream in separate piping bags (or ziplock bags).
- Divide the lemon curd among 4 serving glasses or jars. Pipe the mousse on top, dividing evenly between each dish. Top with 1 Tablespoon of whipped cream.
- Serve chilled.
Leave a Reply