These salmon burgers are SO GOOD, and are a family favorite around here. Plus, they are super easy and quick to whip up, which is great when you want to please a crowd, but have little time to do it 😉
Unlike other fish burgers, these aren’t dull at all. They are packed with amazing flavor from the fresh salmon, garlic, parsley, onion, lemon juice and zest! YUM!
You can make 4 large burgers for a simple (but awesome) family dinner, or make 8 mini burgers as an app, if you’re entertaining a larger crowd.
Trust me, these are sure to be hit!
Here are pictures to help you along the way 🙂
I like to use an ice cream scooper to create even and perfect burgers.
Part of the reason I love to puree some of the salmon and small dice the rest is to get that burger consistency, while also having some nice, visible, fresh chunks of salmon in the burger.
Mix together the pesto, mayonnaise, and lemon juice.
Grill the burgers on each side. I love when there are perfect grill marks-the key is a really hot grill.
I like to toast the rolls on the grill…
and the tomatoes…If you don’t like cooked tomatoes, you can leave them raw.
Place the burger on each roll, followed by some arugula and a grilled tomato slice. Spread the pesto aioli sauce on the top roll and enjoy.
- 1.3 pounds salmon fillet, skinless
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 rolls
- Pesto Sauce:
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 6 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice from half a lemon
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree ¾ of the salmon. Cut the other ¼ of the salmon into a small dice and place in a large bowl. Add the pureed salmon into the bowl and add the parsley, onion, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, mustard and breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
- Form into four patties for large burgers, or eight patties for mini burgers.
- Heat a large non-stick grill pan over medium flame and grease with cooking spray. When the grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill and cook until browned on both sides, and just cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side (for large burgers).
- When the burgers are done, grill the tomato slices, about two minutes per side. Then toast/grill the rolls, about two minutes per side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the pesto, mayonnaise, and lemon juice together. Set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, first place the burger on the bottom half of the toasted roll. Top burger with arugula and a grilled tomato slice. Generously spread the pesto aioli on the other half of the roll.