With all the heavy foods I’ve been eating in the last few weeks (months?), and with spring FINALLY here, I decided to start eating clean and healthy again- and I have to say, I’m so excited! I love light and flavorful foods like salad, fish and fresh fruit.
After going through my pantry/refrigerator in search of a healthy recipe idea, I found chicken, quinoa, scallions, garlic and ginger. As no surprise with those ingredients, this Sesame Garlic Quinoa with Chicken turned out to be a vibrant, delicious, healthy winner!
A lot of these ingredients are either ones you can find in your pantry, and if not, they are simple and affordable.
The main ingredients are scallions, chicken and quinoa!
This Sesame Garlic Quinoa with Chicken dish is quick, easy, flavorful and SO GOOD. It makes a satisfying side or main dish all on its own. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, and perfect if you’re looking for a gluten free recipe!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- For the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 6 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. Add in the garlic and quinoa and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the chicken broth and increase the heat to high, bringing the quinoa to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked through.
- In the meantime, place the chicken in a baking pan. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Depending on the thickness, bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken.
- Empty the quinoa into a large bowl and add in the chicken, scallions and almonds.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the quinoa to coat.
Leave a Reply