Whenever she makes it for guests or friends the recipe is always asked for. It’s a cinch to make and is soooo delicious. It’s the perfect dish to bring to a brunch, party, or gathering.
You can make this recipe using 2 loaf pans and just omit the tart shells. You can also make one big tart by using 1 large pre-made tart shell.
I love the idea of mini tartlets though. They just add a special touch to any menu or party.
Why is everything mini so adorable?
- 2 large zucchinis, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 4 eggs
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 24 pre-made mini tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl mix zucchini, onion, parmesan cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, Bisquick mix and eggs. Mix this into the zucchini mixture.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the mixture into each tart shell, shaping it to form a dome. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Place tartlets on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.