These Simple and Delicious Zucchini Tartlets are adapted from one of my mom’s recipes. Her version is made in a large rectangular pan without the tart shell or topping.
Whenever she makes it for guests or friends the recipe is always asked for. It’s a cinch to make and is soooo delicious. It’s the perfect dish to bring to a brunch, party, or gathering.
You can make this recipe using 2 loaf pans and just omit the tart shells. You can also make one big tart by using 1 large pre-made tart shell.
I love the idea of mini tartlets though. They just add a special touch to any menu or party.
Why is everything mini so adorable?
Simple and Delicious Zucchini Tartlets
Author: Rachel Kor
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 24 tartlets
- 2 large zucchinis, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 4 eggs
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 24 pre-made mini tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl mix zucchini, onion, parmesan cheese, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, Bisquick mix and eggs. Mix this into the zucchini mixture.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the rest of the cheddar cheese.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the mixture into each tart shell, shaping it to form a dome. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Place tartlets on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Hilary Schwartz says
Hi Rachel, I made this yesterday for a pre-Selichot pot luck dinner with friends. Couldn't find the pastry shells, so I used a round Pyrex dish. It was a hit!! People asked for the recipe – I'll give it as an attachment to your blog. Next time I'll find the shells. Thanks! Hilary
Rachel Kor says
Thanks for your sweet words. I'm so glad it was such a hit! I usually find the tart shells in the kosher freezer aisle 🙂